Wine Tour & Maori Culture Queenstown
The Wine tour with Maori Culture Queenstown is the only wine tour in Queenstown that connects Maori culture with the local wines and land where you receive the authentic New Zealand experience. You will visit three boutique and more personalised Central Otago wineries in the Queenstown area with approximately 15-20 wine tastings and food to match. This is the only wine tour in Central Otago that offers both the wine experience with the Māori culture footprint including the potential LIVE Haka experience. Don't delay, BOOK NOW.
There is a minimum of 2 required per tour, if minimum numbers are not met you will be offered another day or time or complete refund.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All wine tasting is included-approximately 16-20 varietals
- For 2 pax + a cheese platter is included.
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned people mover
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - WanaHaka Tours
What's excluded :
- Māori bone carving
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: WanaHaka Tours, 103 Ardmore Street, Wanaka 9305 New Zealand
Two Tour Options available depending on traffic-:
1) We depart Queenstown at 11:00am with the Māori greeting the Hongi and a 15 minute drive to Gibbston and Lake Hayes where a selection of Pinot Noir, Gris, Sav Blanc and more will be in tasting. The first winery being Akarua near Arrowtown, then we visit the Mt Rosa winery. This is where the the Māori Dance the 'Haka' is performed. Then onto either Bald Hills or Wet Jacket for some sheep shearing(wink, wink) before our drive back to Queenstown.
2)The tour provides a personalised, guided experience of the Cromwell and Bannockburn wine district:
We depart Queenstown at 11:00am to Bannockburn the home of the Pinot Noir with the first winery being Mt Rosa, then we visit the Desert Heart winery, this is where the Māori Dance the 'Haka' is performed overlooking the Kawarau river, then we visit Akarua or Wooing Tree before our 30 min drive back to Queenstown.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from hotels or accommodation in the Frankton and Queenstown CBD or we can meet at the Four Square Car park in the CBD on Shotover Street.
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- There is a minimum of 2 required per tour, if minimum numbers are not met you will be offered another day or time or complete refund.
- Minimum age is 18 years.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.