World in a day
Take off from Christchurch & fly over the Canterbury Plains towards the spectacular Rangitata Gorge, side by side with the Southern Alps. Sidle up to Forest Creek through to the expansive Mackenzie Basin & down to the aquamarine glow of Lake Tekapo to touch down & soak in the spectacular vista. Feast your eyes on the unforgettable azure of Lake Pukaki & head up to the famous Aoraki, Mount Cook as the Tasman Glacier comes into full view. Fly towards the Murchison Glacier to the head of the Rangitata River Valley. Sour along Mount Arrowsmith & touch down at the top of the interweaving braids of Rakaia River. Settle in for a picnic served with unobstructed views, overlooking two of Canterbury's glaciers only accessible by helicopter. After lunch, follow the wandering braids of the stony river, past Lake Coleridge & into the blockbuster scenery of the Craigieburn Basin. As you head back to Christchurch, fly shoulder to shoulder through the sheer-sided river canyon of the Waimakariri Gorge.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Lunch - Picnic overlooking the Rakaia Glacier is an addition cost
- Alcoholic Beverages - New Zealand Wine is an additional cost
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Canterbury Region, Canterbury Region, South Island
Fly over the Canterbury Plains towards the spectacular Rangitata Gorge
Pass By: Mackenzie Basin, New Zealand
Fly over the expansive Mackenzie Basin and down to the aquamarine glow of Lake Tekapo
Stop At: Lake Tekapo, Lake Tekapo, Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
Land at Tekapo airport and if you wish explore the township and shores.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Lake Pukaki, New Zealand
Fly over the turquoise waters of Lake Pukaki
Pass By: Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Aoraki Mount Cook National Park (Te Wahipounamu), Mackenzie District, Canterbury Region, South Island
Fly past New Zealand's largest mountain
Pass By: Tasman Glacier, New Zealand
Fly past New Zealand's largest glacier
Pass By: Murchison, Murchison, Nelson-Tasman Region, South Island
Fly towards the Murchison Glacier and swing around north into the Godley Valley
Pass By: Rangitata River, Canterbury, New Zealand
Pass over the Rangitata River Valley
Stop At: Rakaia, Rakaia, Canterbury Region, South Island
The mighty Rakaia River is one of New Zealand's largest braided rivers and is fed by a number of glaciers at the head of the valley. Touch down at the top of the River for a picnic.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Coleridge, Methven 7572 New Zealand
Lake Coleridge is located in the Canterbury high country and is situated in an over-deepened valley formed by a glacier over 20,000 years ago.
Departure Point :Christchurch Helicopters, 25 Aviation Drive Harewood Aviation Park, Christchurch International Airport (CHC), Christchurch 7676, New Zealand
Departure Time :2/26/2020 - 10/20/2021
Monday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 08:30 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 08:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Due to the length of this flight it is not recommended people with serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.